If you believe that gardening is difficult, allow us to change your paradigm. Today’s raised gardens are easily retrofitted with automatic, low-cost watering systems, virtually weed-free, and highly productive. We want to change your mind about yesterday’s what used to be with today’s what it can be. Best of all, it’s EASY.
New Challenges Have Spurred New Skills
The reality of this past year, which for most of us meant spending a lot more time in our homes, led to more new DIYers than any other year of the past decade. Whether you were in the kitchen baking loaves of sourdough bread, building a custom desk for your new at-home office or figuring out how to develop a green thumb, many of us increased our capabilities in and around the house. Now, a year later, many are taking their new skill sets to the next level.
Flower and Vegetable Gardens Keep on Giving
Whether you are a new or experienced gardener, with warmer weather on the way, vegetable and flower enthusiasts are moving into high gear. There are few pursuits that offer more satisfaction than having healthy vegetables grown in your own garden or a yard filled with beautiful, colorful flowers. It’s an instant smile trigger that many enjoy over the summer.
Taking Gardening to the Next Level
How about adding a few raised garden beds? Your back will thank you, you’ll have better soil drainage and less weeding, and these will look really great in your back yard. So let’s talk about making it easy. Ace Handyman Services has the multi-skilled Craftsmen to build them for you, so all you need to do is the fun part – the planting!
All You Need, All in One Place—Ace Hardware
Once you have your garden bed prepared and you’re ready to plant, go to your local Ace Hardware store for some seed starter kits (https://www.acehardware.com/departments/lawn-and-garden/gardening/peat-pots-and-plant-starters). These kits are a great way to help start some plants indoors before transferring them outside. Watch the video below for a step-by-step on How To Start Your Plant Seeds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNxILv15V2k
Get Outside and Plant!
After a few weeks indoors, your seedlings will sprout, and it will be time to transfer them to your garden bed or flower boxes (TIP: Know when it’s safe to move them – timetables vary across the country!).
• First, make sure you plant them in a good location, sun vs. shade, based on the seed packet instructions.
• Next, you will transfer your Peat Pots or Plant Starters to the soil in your garden bed. You’ll want to make sure you have some rich, nutrient soil to put down with your plants (https://www.acehardware.com/search?query=garden+soil).
• Place your seeds or plants into the soil, following the depth and spacing directions carefully. Then add water.
• When you first put the plants into the garden, you’ll want to saturate them so they get a good amount of water, but then, after that, gently water the garden to keep the soil evenly moist throughout the growing season.
• From there, let the sunshine do its job! After a few weeks you should see your beautiful plants start to grow. You’ll want to make sure you keep the weeds out (if you didn’t first install weed mats), fertilize if needed and harvest when ready.
Good luck Neighbor, and remember if you need help creating the gardening tools or executing some prep work, give your local Ace Handyman Services a call.
How to Start a Vegtable Garden from Ace Hardware